Join us for the college's opening social and learn about all the great opportunities awaiting you. We'll have varied displays by QCNR student organizations, research groups and more. FREE FOOD!
- Welcome, Students! QCNR Opening Social is Thursday, Sept. 3, NR Patio, 4 pm
- Yellowstone Wolves: USU's Dan MacNulty Featured in NSF 'Science Nation' Video
- Maureen Frank: Migratory Birds on the Great Salt Lake
- Fire and Restoration: Registration Open, Posters Sought for 2015 Restoring the West Conference
- "The Emerald Mile": USU Common Literature Experience Convocation Saturday, Aug. 29
- David Stoner: State Mountain Lion Plan Concerns Conservationists
- Lise Aubry: Wild Science - Uinta Ground Squirrel
- Chuck Hawkins: Colorado Mine Spill Could Affect Fish in Animas, San Juan Rivers and Beyond
- Fred Provenza: "Your Gut is Telling You What to Eat -- and You're Not Listening"
- Joe Wheaton, Wally Macfarlane, Nick Bouwes: "Leave it to Beavers: Nature's Engineers"
Aug 31, 2015
Dan MacNulty, assistant professor in the Department of Wildland Resources and the USU Ecology Center, is featured in a newly released video detailing the ecological role of wolves in Yellowstone National Park.
Aug 30, 2015
Presidential Doctoral Research Fellow Maureen Frank, who conducts research with Wildland Resources/Ecology Center professor Mike Conover, is exploring how palaropes respond to less water and increased salinity. Her research is featured in 'High Country News.'
Aug 29, 2015
Registration is OPEN for the 2015 Restoring the West Conference, Oct. 28-29, at USU. The theme is "Fire and Restoration in the Interior West." Early bird registration pricing is available through Oct. 15. Cost for students is $25. Research poster submission deadline is Sept. 25.
Aug 25, 2015
All welcome to the 2015 USU Common Literature Experience Convocation featuring Kevin Fedarko, author of "The Emerald Mile" Saturday, Aug. 29, at 9:30 am in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. USU Watershed Sciences Professor Jack Schmidt offers a brief video introduction to the exciting book selection.
Aug 24, 2015
Wildland Resources postdoc David Stoner served as scientific advisor for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources' proposed cougar management plan.
Aug 12, 2015
In a YouTube video for High Country News' Wild Science series, USU Wildland Resources/Ecology Center faculty member Lise Aubry discusses how climate change is impacting hibernating species like the Uinta ground squirrel. Wild Science is an original video series produced by filmmaker Dakin Henderson.
Aug 11, 2015
Hawkins, professor in the Department of Watershed Resources and the USU Ecology Center, says toxic spill's health effects on fish could take weeks, months to become lethal or might cause reproductive damage.
Aug 3, 2015
Wildland Resources Emeritus Professor Fred Provenza says humans can learn from the nutritional wisdom of animals.
USU Watershed Sciences researchers Joe Wheaton, Wally Macfarlane and Nick Bouwes are featured in a new university video about their work with beavers and river restoration. Joe is featured speaker for Science Unwrapped Friday, Sept. 11, at 7 pm in ESLC 130.